you'll experience the innovative curriculum you've always wanted with the minor in experiential education!
you'll develop the ethical leadership and education skills you need for a wide range of participants in diverse and dynamic environments.
you'll develop your theoretical and philosophical knowledge, as well as teaching and technical outdoor skills. the experiential education minor also provides you with the administrative abilities and competencies necessary for you to be a successful leader.
what you'll experience in the experiential education minor:
- learn by doing and turn your college experience into an academic adventure that included rock climbing, whitewater kayaking and canoeing, sea kayaking on the coast, mountain biking, caving, and backpacking.
- turn your passions into a career with a program aimed at helping you develop marketable skills.
- live and learn in a distinct outdoor environment that features multiple state and national forests and north america’s highest concentration of waterfalls – over 250 in your own backyard!
- work one-on-one with dedicated faculty to learn how to organize, manage, and lead a high-functioning team, as well as lead ethically, teach effectively, plan logistics efficiently, communicate clearly, and solve problems successfully.
- explore interdisciplinary opportunities to foster personal responsibility, independent thought, collaborative spirit, environmental stewardship, and lifelong commitment to service and learning.
- business owners
- camp directors
- program managers in state or municipal parks
- professional guides and environmental educators
- outward bound and wilderness therapy program field instructors
- public or private school teachers and higher education administrators
- government officials in the u.s forest service or national park service
- successful in any job requiring leadership, teamwork, and critical thinking