the brevard college student body
ethnicities respresented in the student body:
67% of students identify as white.
32% of students identify as a person of color, which includes:
- 14% who identify as black
- 8% who identify as latinx
- 5% of students identify with two more more ethnicities.
- 3% who identify as non-resident
- 2% of students identify as an unknown ethnicity.
1% of students identify as asian.
where are students from?
thirty (30) states and 9 countries are represented in the student body.
- 55% are from north carolina.
- 43% are from out-of-state including:
- 24% from georgia, south carolina, and tennessee.
- 8% from alabama, florida, and virginia.
- 11% from remaining states.
- 2% are from countries outside the u.s. including brazil, canada, algeria, ethiopia, bolivia, uruguay, england, and australia.
students also transfer from colleges and universities throughout the world including 2 and 4 year colleges.
new student academic profile:
average gpa (unweighted): 3.20
average sat score (math and reading): 1062
average act (composite): 21
43% identify as women
57% identify as men
27% are first generation, which means their parents did not attend college
45% receive a pell grant
78% live on-campus
55% participate in athletics
61%: first-to-second year retention rate
40%: graduation rate
88%: faculty with terminal degrees or the highest degree in their respective fields
live on campus
participate in athletics