the sustainable agricultural program at brevard college provides you with a comprehensive environmental science perspective to address global agricultural and environmental issues.
you’ll have the opportunity to explore agricultural production and the environmental, economic, and social aspects of sustainable food systems.
brevard college offers the only north carolina teaching certification in agriculture education in western north carolina that is approved by the department of public instruction.
what you'll experience in the sustainable agriculture program:
- work one-on-one with faculty who are active farmers, researchers, and scholars.
- build your resume when you conduct your own field studies and research.
- study local agricultural practices and learn the traditional small to mid-scale diversified operations in the region.
- develop the critical thinking skills you need to address a wide variety of globally important topics.
- agricultural education in the north carolina public school system.
- sustainable agricultural engineering
- sustainability consultant
- agricultural operations manager
- agriculture advocacy coordinator
- non-profit management in agricultural sustainability and resilience
- pursue a career in extension and outreach in agriculture and resource conservation organizations
- continue your studies in graduate school
majors, minors, and certifications:
you will earn a b.s. degree in environmental studies with a concentration in sustainable agriculture. other concentrations include the environmental studies science concentration and the sustainability concentration.
north carolina teaching certification in agriculture education: agriculture education students complete both the b.s. degree in environmental studies with a concentration in sustainable agriculture and the north carolina teaching certification in agriculture education.